We picked up our trailer the day before Thanksgiving in Woodinville, Washington. Our goal for the holidays was to be in Santa Rosa, CA for the month of December. We made three stops along the way down south and kept driving days to 4 - 7 hours each day.
- The first night sleeping in our trailer. Snug as two bugs in a... new home on wheels.
- Stopping to see old friends along the way
- Seeing the landscape change from evergreen lined roads, snowy mountain passes, dry and windy plaines, and green lush pastures.
- Going swimming and hot tubbing on Thanksgiving at an RV resort.
- It rained the entire trip from Seattle to Santa Rosa.
- We were not yet organized, so finding things was impossible. And again, it was raining the whole time.
- We had Thanksgiving dinner in a casino restaurant. We both forgot that you are allowed to smoke in casinos.
Where we stayed on our west coast inaugural road trip:
First Night Chehalis RV and Camping Resort
- We got in late, but they had a convenient spot available right away. Looks like it would be gorgeous and fun during the summer months when it is an active resort.
Second Night Seven Feathers Casino Resort
- Really nice facilities and staff. Escorted to our spot, complimentary bus over to the casino, clean showers, and indoor pool and hot tub.
Third Night Win-River Resort and Casino
- Continuing our tour of casino parking lots, we found this convenient spot right off the freeway. Easy plug in and inexpensive. Not very quiet, and no facilities close by.
Arrived safely to the driveway of my lovely parent's house on Saturday, November 26th.